fire

WHITE MARSH— A pile of trash caught fire Saturday afternoon at Eastern Sanitary Landfill on Days Cove road causing interior damage to the building.

Fire fighters were dispatched at 2:15 p.m.on September 7 and requested backup once they arrived on the scene. A 300 foot by 300 foot pile of trash was on fire when crew members arrived. The automatic extinguisher in the building failed to operate due to several components being damaged. Despite this, there were no fatalities.

There was no damage to the exterior part of the building but heavy smoke and the high temperatures from the flames caused damage to lights and interior electrical equipment.

According to the report received from the Baltimore County Fire Department, the fire was unintentional.

Recommended for you

by AvenueNews.com

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.